June 17, 2016 update: we’ve received relatively few responses to our survey about the podcast, so we’re currently not planning on making more episodes. If you listened, feel free to fill out the survey or contact us.
As part of our increased outreach efforts this year, we decided to make three test episodes of a podcast. We’re aiming to quickly and easily share our research in a new form that might be more accessible for many people.
We’ve recorded three episodes, and we’re releasing them now to gauge our audience’s reaction. If there’s strong interest, we’ll keep making episodes.
The three episodes:
- Episode 1 – About GiveWell
- Episode 2 – New employees and working at GiveWell (we suspect this may be interesting to people considering working at GiveWell, and of limited interest to others)
- Episode 3 – The Against Malaria Foundation
The podcasts can be downloaded or streamed from the links above, and are also available for podcast apps via iTunes or by copying our RSS feed into your favorite podcast program:
Some notes about this podcast:
- The goal of this podcast is not to be a highly produced, well-polished product; rather, we aimed to create recordings which would be informative and interesting to our audience but don’t require a large time investment from us.
- The format of this podcast is roughly half hour-long conversations about research we’ve done or other topics relevant to our work, with minimal scripting or editing.
- If we continue making these, it’s possible we’d put some resources into improving the sound quality, but in general the format would be similar: casual, largely unscripted conversations with GiveWell and Open Philanthropy Project staff about our research findings, their areas of expertise, or other topics relevant to our work.
If you do listen to the podcast, we’d appreciate it if you would answer this very short survey about it. Doing so will help us decide whether to continue producing it.