Added October 2022: From 2020 to 2022 we used the name “Maximum Impact Fund” to refer to the fund used to support the highest-priority funding needs among our top charities each quarter. In September 2022, we changed the name of this fund to the “Top Charities Fund” to better describe what opportunities this fund supports; more information here.
Many people make charitable donations in December. If you’re considering making a gift in the coming weeks and you want more information before doing so, we’re happy to help!
We’re glad to answer questions in writing and on the phone. For written responses, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a comment on this blog post. For a phone call, please fill out this form to request a call with a GiveWell staff member.
We’re happy to field questions on topics like:
- which organizations we recommend most highly today and why,
- the pros and cons of different donation methods,
- the tax deductibility of different giving options and the implications of the CARES Act for U.S. donors,
- support for logistical questions about making a donation,
- additional details on the Maximum Impact Fund, our top recommendation for donors,
- and more.
We hope to hear from you!